Following areas are covered by Radiological Physics
- Research Projects mainly concern methodical developments in MRI (sequences and protocols), data analysis and evaluation.
- Cooperation and support in Clinical Trials and Research Projects for clinical scientists. The team provides support and expertise in the fields of study planning, study design, preparation of study protocols, practical implementation of studies, data analysis as well as statistical analysis.
- Quality management for MRI Imaging
This includes the periodic review of the devices, optimization of the clinical protocols, as well as the testing and implementation of new protocols.
PD Dr.phil. nat. et Dr. sci. med. Michael Ith
Senior Project Leader
PD Dr. rer. nat. Bernd Jung
Sebastiano Barbieri, PhD
Stefan Raible, MSc
Computer Vision Engineer
Verena Beutler, CAS CRC
The research projects involve developments in MR data acquisition, i.e. sequence programming within the Siemens development environment, as well as developments of post processing strategies including the implementation of algorithms for data analysis and the design of software tools. All research projects are characterized by the aim to translate the developments into clinical applications.
Research projects include:
- Cardiovascular imaging, e.g.
- Blood flow imaging
- Cardiac MR Spectroscopy
- Tissue Phase Mapping of Myocardial Motion
- Diffusion weighted imaging
- Imaging in in-vitro model systems
- Quality management
- Radiation protection
- Software Engineering
- Statistical analysis
- Study Management